Saturday, May 1, 2010

What's Happening?

Well, I'm done. I finished my three years at Brooks Institute of Photography and earned a Bachelor's degree. Something I never thought I would/could do. School is not for me and apparently its not for my family either since I am the first one in my whole entire line of familiness to earn a Bachelor's degree.
Now that I look back, the last three years have been pretty crazy. I probably have about 100 trips back and forth from Ventura to Yucaipa in order to maintain a relationship with my friends, family and Fiance. I'm glad that's over but at the same time, I'm a little nervous as to what lies ahead.
I had a goal while at school and that goal was to graduate. It was an easy goal to make, since that's the whole point of going to school. Now that I'm done with that part of my life, I need to make another goal to strive for, but that's not as easy cause I don't have teachers telling me what to do. It's all me. I have to be my instructor while still having so much to learn. It will take some adjusting but I know that as long as I have a will to learn and keep setting goals, I WILL succeed.
My friends and family have been huge motivation for me during the last three years, ESPECIALLY my family. If my parents weren't able/willing to support me financially, there is no way I'd be writing this blog today. I owe pretty much everything to them. I have been blessed with people in my life that love and care for me and truly want to see me succeed. If you're reading this, thank you so very much.
It's time for me to start a new chapter in my life. Going from a student to a working professional and from being single to married in a matter of months is a lot to handle but with help from loved ones and the Man upstairs, its happening.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, well done! I am impressed with all the photos I've seen around here. You've got nothin' to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am very excited to see your career develop and for others to get the joy of owning the pictures you take. I was also excited to read a blog update ;-)
    - Matt D

    ReplyDelete