Monday, May 2, 2011

Disneyland Hipster

So yesterday Tori and I decided to head down to Disneyland for a few hours.
I was trying to decide if I should bring my camera or not.
I ended up telling myself that I would in fact take photos, but ONLY from my hip.
What does this mean?
Exactly that.
I hang my camera over my shoulder and snap photos without looking through the view finder.
I highly recommend this.
It's always exciting taking photos without knowing exactly how they're going to turn out.
Here's the settings I used for anybody who is wondering:

Auto ISO
AV mode with my aperture set to f/4
All AF points selected (so the camera can decide what it wants to focus on)
Focal length set to 24mm

This was just my way of spicing things up a bit.
I also was able to get photos that I normally would never take
for fear of looking like a creepster.
Maybe I'll use this method on our next wedding! ;)
Here are a few of my favorites from the day.
Enjoy!

dland.hipshots01

dland.hipshots03
I think he saw me take his picture :/
dland.hipshots04

dland.hipshots05
This boy was genuinely happy to be next to Goofy.
dland.hipshots06
And this girl wasn't.
dland.hipshots07
Race to the finish.
dland.hipshots08
Even Tori didn't know I was snappin' her photo. I'm very very sneaky.
dland.hipshots09

dland.hipshots10
My absolute favorite from the day.
dland.hipshots11

dland.hipshots12
Starting out early.
dland.hipshots13
Ok, I have to admit, this was the one photo I framed through the viewfinder. Shoot me.
dland.hipshots14
That's a lens flare, not a hat.
dland.hipshots15
I'm definitely going to do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment